Thursday, March 19, 2009

In Darkness...Light!

Merry Meet and Happy Morning, Family, Friends, Followers and Lurkers!

I want to thank all you for the messages of sympathy and encouragement that were sent upon your learning of Autumn's passing. Some of you wrote from near and far, sharing the memories of the tears shed for the littlest souls that once shared your lives and now live forever in your hearts.

One of the things that has saddened me most since Autumn's passing is that the only image I could recall of her was the way I saw her in death. She was so beautiful, and so I found this very troubling. I didn't want this to be my last memory of her.

Last night I dreamt of Autumn. She didn't appear as she had the last time I saw her, but was absolutely...radiant. I immediately felt comforted!

When I awoke from the dream, I suddenly recalled a short verse from a poem that I had written long, long ago. I have often tried to incorporate it into other writings, but no matter how I tried, it just never seemed to fit. Perhaps, it wasn't meant to.

She needs no one to protect her.
She has passed through the darkness
And returned, radiant!

Blessings to you all,


Tracy

5 comments:

greekwitch said...

These are such beautiful verses. Writing about the future is not uncommon, because when we write especially poetry we are in touch with our subconcious. It is a way of psychic vision. Have you ever tried automatic writing? I am glad you found comfort. I always say that dreams are small pieces of pure magick..
Blessed be*
greekwitch***

Anonymous said...

As the markings on that beautiful coat of hers will remind us, she truly was (and is) of the darkness and light. Tracy, she was a special little spirit who effortlessly walked between the worlds to remind us of our tasks. Her job was done here and now she has moved on to her next "assignment". How lucky you were to have been her caretaker!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you saw her as she actually is!! This will bring you peace.

Many Blessings,
Carol

She Who Works Her Will said...

Dearest Greek Witch,

I truly agree that the poem may have been prophetic. It was literally, the very first thing I thought of upon waking from the dream. It's funny you should mention it, but I've only just begun thinking of trying automatic writing. Perhaps your suggestion is prophetic as well!

Thank you so much for your comforting words.

Tracy

She Who Works Her Will said...

I agree Nik. Autumn does walk between the worlds and so it shouldn't surprise me that she was able to visit me in my dreams.

The dream was powerful and she looked so healthy and beautiful. This is exactly the way I would have liked to remember her. Perhaps it was her gift to me for caring for her.