Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sushi....For the Good of All!

Merry Meet Family and Friends!

So, I practice Magick most often when someone else is in need rather than for myself. Surprising? My regular practice consists mainly of daily devotions to my Patroness, Hecate, the Elemental Guardians and in honoring my Ancestors and Spirit Guides. This seems to make a World of difference in terms of the success of my own magical endeavors.

For the most part, I would rather work in the mundane and save the real energy for those situations in which my Magick would be most effective. The problem, I find, lies in the accumulation of energy behind the Magick when I finally let it fly...so to speak.

We have friends that own a Sushi restaurant here in Ridgewood. The owner, Andy is from Tokyo, is classically trained and his expertise is unquestionable. When we moved here almost 16 years ago, there was only one sushi restaurant and now, we are inundated! If it were not for the fact that my husband and I have become "sushi snobs", we would probably have never discovered this gem in the heart of all the other sushi restaurants here! Toro Sushi stands out because it's quality and authenticity. My motto is, "you can never be too good when it comes to sushi". It is, after all, raw fish!

All this being said, Ridgewood tends to be a ghost town during the Summer. Many people vacation for months at a time, rather than the average week here or there.

Tonight, when we visited our favorite sushi restaurant, the owner, Andy was sitting outside and place was empty! Our waiter, Mike, told us it had been like this all week! "Oh no", I thought. This would never do! We ordered our dinner and as we waited to be served, I began doing an incantation to bring in more patrons. Given how well it works for finding parking, I thought it could work equally as well for sushi! I had to be realistic however. Given the low volume of residents in the Village at this time of year, I knew I had my work cut out for me!

A few minutes later however, people began arriving....and arriving...and ARRIVING! It was only then I realized that Andy was by himself and was now swamped with sushi orders! Oooopsies! I felt a little guilty, so I called our waiter over and asked him to feel free to delay our dinner while Andy caught up with everyone else's order!

Dinner, as always, was awesome! And while I felt the overwhelming need to apologize, the look on Andy's face made it clear that it wasn't necessary!

Gotta love a little Magick!

In Darkness, Light!


Tracy

3 comments:

Rue said...

Lol - I love that you swamped Andy! I'm sure he appreciated the business though! And your loyalty to his restaurant.

the wandering broom said...

I can't fathom living without sushi! If I could only eat one type of food for the rest of my life, that would be it. Where I live in Manhattan there are at least two dozen Japanese/sushi restaurants within a 10 block radius of my apartment - lucky me! I'm glad that you used a little magick to help Andy out - I've also done the same for my favorite shops (particularly bookshops and tea houses) that I love dearly and couldn't bear to see them close (for both my sake and the sake of their wonderful owners).

She Who Works Her Will said...

I feel the same way about sushi! To me going, "out to dinner" means sushi! I too, could eat it every day and never be bored!