Saturday, October 31, 2009

Things That Crack Me Up!

Merry Meet Again, Family and Friends!

So, if you read my last entry, then you know that when I'd lit the black pillar candle on my altar in honor of my ancestors, the glass surrounding the candle cracked.

My husband, will almost always look for a plausible explanation for the unexplainable! It's very frustrating!

"Tracy, the temperature in the room where the candle was kept the was cold, so when you lit the candle, the heat made the glass expand and it cracked", he said. Ok, well, the room is a bit chiller than the rest of the house, but we really haven't had any cold weather yet. Still what he said made sense and left me slightly disappointed, doubting whether something supernatural had occurred at all.

I left the candles burning on my altar and later in the morning, as I passed by, I noticed that the cracked candle looked strange, as if the glass itself was beginning to melt! "That's not possible", I thought! It's a candle flame, not a friggin' blow torch!!! When I knelt down to take a closer look, I noticed that the wax was beginning to seep through the cracks in the glass and had formed what resembled...


a pair of lips with a knowing little smirk!

I called Ray and the kids to come look and they agreed! Later, as we were making lunch, I told Ray, "You know, that was my sister, right?" Without a moment of hesitation, he said, "Yeah, I know. She always did have a twisted sense of humor." So much for reasonable explanations!

Happy Halloween!


Tracy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

Mostly it's a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

Sincerely,
Jesse

Rue said...

Love this! How original your sister was - looks like she still knows how to make you smile!

Samhain blessings to you.

White Wolf said...

Well I would call this candle reading, like coffe reading.

Candles always leave certain images or forms after burning for a while and leave messages relating to the purpose used.

I find this very interesting.

I think I heard this is a common voodoo practice.

I also believe that the flame can tell us something.

Arie

strangerland said...

Sounds like psychic energy. I'm worried that I may have some dangerous psychic energy about me.

She Who Works Her Will said...

Hi Rue,

Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing she would do! I would have expected nothing less of her!

Blessed Samhain!