Monday, May 11, 2009

Gifts of the Mother...

Merry Meet and Happy Monday, Family, Friends, Followers and Lurkers!

If you are a Mother or have a Mother, as I'm certain you do, yesterday we celebrated Mother's Day.

If, like myself, your Mother is no longer living, you celebrated her spirit or perhaps, your relationship with her wasn't all that great and you didn't celebrate at all. Be that as it may, you can't deny that you wouldn't be here reading this if it weren't for her.

This was a particularly significant Mother's Day for me. Thirteen years ago yesterday was also Mother's Day. On that day, I was giving birth to my daughter, Kyla. It was a life threatening pregnancy, followed by a long and difficult labor which ended with my declaring, "I'm not friggin' doing this again...ever!!!" and I didn't! I didn't have to. It was all worth it the first time.

As is tradition, I celebrated Mother's Day by honoring the Earth Mother. I filled the flower beds with beautiful red and white impatients and spent the day connecting with all the Elements that make our World beautiful. After I'd finished, I came in for some tea and sat down to read.

I was interrupted by my son's voice yelling, "Mom!!!!!!! When are we eating?" Now, I've heard my son's voice calling "Mom" more times than I could count. Today, his words caused the breath to catch in my chest and my eyes to fill with tears as I remembered another Mother, his Mother, my sister, who gave me one of the greatest Mother's Day gifts I have ever been honored to receive, her son...our son.

Happy Mother's Day!

In Darkness, Light!


Tracy

10 comments:

Deborah said...

You choked me all up.

She Who Works Her Will said...

Deborah said...
You choked me all up.

May 11, 2009 3:08 PM


You would think I'd know better not to blog from work. It's kind of difficult to explain to my boss why I'm crying at my desk when I should be, oh I don't know, working.

greekwitch said...

This was breath taking!Happy mothers day with a small delay!

She Who Works Her Will said...

greekwitch said...
This was breath taking!Happy mothers day with a small delay!

Thank you so much!!!

wylde otse said...

nice :o)

Bitsa Lit said...

happy mothers day! That was so sweet! <3

Lily Wyte said...

Now that's love! Happy Mother's Day(-ish)

She Who Works Her Will said...

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes you guys!

Love to you all!

T

Anonymous said...

Your son is an awesome kid, and now, knowing his story- your story, I appreciate teaching him even more. Keep up the good work, and rest up! You will need your energy for the teen years ;-)

Courage! (I love to read your blog, you continue to inspire me with how down-to-earth and real you are)

She Who Works Her Will said...

Courage! (I love to read your blog, you continue to inspire me with how down-to-earth and real you are)

May 12, 2009 6:25 PM

And again I'm crying!!!
Dammit!!

That is by far one of the most beautiful compliments I've ever received.

Justin is a great kid. I'm sure his Mom is so proud. I know I am. Thank you so much!