Sunday, May 3, 2009

For The Love of God....Literally!


Merry Meet and Beltane Blessings Family, Friends, Followers and Lurkers!

It seems like forever since we've chatted! My good ole' desktop computer saw it's last days recently. And while I must admit we'd seen some great times and shared some laughs, I have since lept into the 21st century and procured a laptop for my birthday. My birthday was on April 30th, Beltane, which I suspect might have something to do with my overwhelming affinity for Witchery!

This past Saturday, we celebrated the Sabbat of Beltane, right here in my backyard. I gotta tell ya, it was pretty amazing! If you know anything about Ridgewood however, then you know this is probably the least likely place you would expect to find a major Wiccan Sabbat being celebrated. But celebrate we did, maypole and all! We feasted, we sang, we kissed, we laughed...and the weather, despite predictions to the contrary, remained glorious.

On Sunday morning, I was lured out of bed by the aroma of fresh brewed coffee. As I glanced through the kitchen window there, once again, was Jesus Christ! Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "that's some nasty ass hang over", but alas no, it wasn't the mead. My neighbor, who while generally speaking is a fairly nice person, is also a very devout Irish Catholic. Each time we are gathered, be it for the magickal or mundane, she puts a huge crucifix on her patio table. The purpose of this is to ward off the demons that she has convinced herself we are conjuring during ritual.

I wonder if she realizes that when she does this, she is actually invoking her God, much the same as we were doing. The difference is that we don't feel compelled to protect ourselves from her God's wrath. You see, she believes that any and all Gods aside from her own are demons. This is what she was taught and what her faith demands that she believe. Pagans believe that the Gods have many faces and that we choose or are chosen, by those that resonate most closely with us. Our Gods don't represent ultimate good or evil, but have the qualities of both darkness and light, just as we humans do.

So, what demons did we invoke, I pondered, as we shared song and poem, drummed and danced. It was a celebration of life and love under a beautiful moonlit sky shared by new friends and the kinship of those who's bonds have been nutured over time.

My neighbor may have placed Jesus there to protect her from demons or perhaps he was really there to witness us carrying out the very message he sought to bring to the World.


"Thou Shalt Love They Neighbor As Thyself"


In Darkness, Light!


Tracy

Please do take a close look at the photo. The sky was cloudless and there were no fires lit at the time it was taken. The mist that appeared as yet it remains...unexplained.

8 comments:

Carol said...

wow that is something yet I remember that you had that mist at another Sabbat. wish I was there!

C

Roberta Lipp said...

That mist is amazing.

Jaya said...

hello there! its very cool to have come across your page! my blog here is all about my ritual magick - specifically in the voodoo realm - but anyways, i wanted to tell you that you have a new reader and to invite you to come by my page if you have a chance! your blog is very interesting!

Lily Wyte said...

It sort of looks like an orb, or a cluster of them...

She Who Works Her Will said...

Lily Wyte said...
It sort of looks like an orb, or a cluster of them...

May 6, 2009 11:18 AM


There are actually two violet colored orbs in the photo. I printed it out today and I swear there's a woman's face in the mist!

wylde otse said...

I re-read yesterday Sheldon Kopp's
' Here I am, Wasn't I '.
With particular attention to his descriptions of Vishnu and his relationship to independent Kali (of whom he painted a terrifying picture). At peace; I realize now "our neighbour", should we see deeply enough, IS ourself :o)

Anonymous said...

wow fabulous picture it sure looks like you did have some spirits attending the festivities! When I see the mist and dew in the valleys I call it the dragons breath. Anyhoo, thanks for sharing.

She Who Works Her Will said...

How cool is that? When I printed out the picture the mist was actually a lovely lavender color and there were a couple of very violet orbs.

I love the Dragon's breath idea!