Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's Official....

I'm Unofficial!!!!!

Merry Meet and Greetings Friends and Lurkers:

I wanted to share the article that appeared in the Village Voices section of The Ridgewood News on October 31, 2008.

So, you're probably wondering, firstly have I lost my mind...which is really a strange question since most of you already know the answer and secondly, how the hell did I end up in the newspaper. It was quite by accident actually. In attempting to post an event advertisement for the 4th Annual Witch's Ball, I was asked to create a user ID. I couldn't think of anything I would actually remember so I used "The Unofficial Witch of Ridgewood". The next thing I knew, I received an e-mail from Joyce Suss, who writes for the Ridgewood News, asking me if I'd be willing to do their Village Voices feature. I was skeptical at first. I made it clear, "no black hats, no black cats, no brooms". The last thing I wanted was to promote the very stereotype that has endured for the last oh...400 years. If I was to do this, I wanted to be able to use it as a venue to dispell at least a few of the misconceptions involving Wicca and Witches. They assured me that the article would be very tasteful and they wanted to write it from an entirely Pagan perspective. So after discussing it with my family to insure that everyone was onboard and prepared for the possibility of feedback, I agreed.

So far, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive! Several of the local merchants have told me that I need to speak to the Mayor about "Official Witch of Ridgewood" status! If you know anything about Ridgewood, you know I won't be waiting to exhale!

If you click on the photo, I think you'll be able to read the article.

In darkness, light!


Tracy





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you! I the love the article. You are definitely are the "Unofficial Witch of Ridgewood. I really hope they make you "Official" though.

I hope that your next door neighbor reads it. I remember the night when the lights went on next door and the cross went out on the porch the next day. LOL LOL

She Who Works Her Will said...

Thanks Carol.

I think I have a better chance of being made a Saint! }:)

Roberta Lipp said...

This is amazing.

She Who Works Her Will said...

Thanks Roberta!

I'm really happy with it too!