Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hail and Welcome to the Chief!



Merry Meet Friends and Lurkers!


So, yesterday afternoon, my husband and I went to one of our local schools to vote. I was surprised by how few people were there. It was noon and most people were probably working, but given the historic circumstances of this particular election, I would have expected a larger turn out...but I digress.

When I walked up to the desk to confirm my residency, I noticed a tall, grey haired, very serious looking gentleman standing near the voting booths. I wasn't sure what his function was, but I'm guessing that if there had been a larger crowd, he would have been insuring that one person enter the voting booth at a time. He seemed to be taking his job very seriously given how few people were actually there. Don't ask me why, but I had the overwhelming feeling that he was a fan of McCain-Palin. Just a wild guess...


There were only two booths, so my husband and I each took one. Just before I entered, this tall, grey haired, very serious looking gentleman said, "vote carefully". I found this a bizarre, if not somewhat condescending comment and cocked my head toward him the way a dog does when they're trying really, really hard to understand what you're trying to say. "Is there any other way?, I wondered. Still, just to be polite, I replied, "Oh, I will", and I stepped through the curtain.


My husband and I exited the booths at exactly the same time. Still looking very serious, the grey haired gentleman looked at me expectantly. I'm not sure what exactly he was waiting for but again, I felt the need to acknowledge him and be polite. Yet, given his condescending demeanor and my overwhelming temptation to be a wise ass, with an expression stern enough to rival his own I said, "that was for the Moose".

Well, a look came across his face that was even more serious than when we'd met. I think it's safe to say he was clearly not as amused as I was! Still, I managed to stifle the urge to snicker...just to be polite.

Some people have absolutely no sense of humor! }:)

Rocking the Vote $0

Being able to exercise my First Amendment Right to Free Speech....Priceless!

In darkness, light!



Tracy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hail and Welcome to you Tracy"

that was absolutely awesome!!

the only thing I heard on one of the ads is someone saying to Palin lets go out and kill some animals you like to see animals die.

I don't know whether or not you saw the picture of her and her children proudly kneeling over a moose that she had shot! It was sickening!!!!!!!!

Good Work Girl!!!!!!!!

She Who Works Her Will said...

Hi Carol,

I didn't see the photo of she and her family with the moose, but I did see the video of the wolf hunt she ordered. Now, I have friends that are avid hunters and I've heard all the reasons behind the need for culling in cases of overpopulation of some species. In my humble opinion however, the reason that there's a overpopulation problem is that we have taken over the habitats of some animals, leaving them no place to go to find food or shelter than to find it in the areas that are inhabited by human beings.

It's not that there is an overpopulation of deer, bear, wolves or moose. It's that there's an overpopulation of people! It would be just too inhumane to fly over us in helicopters and pick us off from the air. Go figure.

T

Anonymous said...

I think your right on this Tracy.

It is really sad though! There is no figuring it out.