Friday, July 23, 2010

Just A Little Push...

Merry Meet Family and Friends!

So, yesterday morning, for reasons still unclear to me, I recalled an incident that happened when I was a child. I guess I was perhaps 5 or 6 years old, give or take a year.

There was a girl my age by the name of Theresa who lived in the house next door to ours. She wasn't my favorite playmate, but her Mom and mine had been friends for years and so we played together often.

On this particular occasion, Theresa and I were playing in her backyard. The yard consisted of a small patch of grass next to a driveway covered by jagged, gravel rocks about the size of quarters. I can't recall what prompted her on that day, but for whatever reason, Theresa pushed me, hard, and I fell backwards onto the sharp stones. The palms of my hands had broken my fall and while I wasn't physically injured, I remember being hurt, emotionally, by her actions.

Sitting on the ground, brushing away tiny pieces of rock and dirt from my sore hands, I looked up at Theresa who was staring down at me with a self-satisfied expression of triumph. Being a timid, non-confrontational child, the thought of defending myself or of retaliation never entered my mind...nor, did it have to. What happened next became one of those inexplicable moments that burned itself into my memory.

As I rose to my feet, brushing off my clothing, I turned toward Theresa. Just as I did, I watched her falling backward onto the ground EXACTLY as I had only moments before, as if pushed by unseen hands. "You, you pushed me!!!", Theresa wailed from the ground below me. "I'm telling my Mommy!". But I didn't! I couldn't! But, how could I explain what just happened and more importantly, who would ever believe something that I couldn't believe myself! At that moment, a voice came from somewhere behind me. It was Theresa's mother. "She did not push you!", her Mom yelled from the window. "God punished you for pushing her!"

God's punishment? Really? Well, perhaps not in the Christian sense of the definition. I do believe, however, that on that day, in that moment in time, I was given a rare gift. Not the gift of karmic retribution for a child's unkind act, but of a glimpse into a World that exists beyond what we recognize as reality and a first knowledge of those that have our backs from beyond the veil.

Over the course of time, I have gratefully been on the receiving end of guidance and/or protection by those who walk between the Worlds. At my request? Perhaps. At others, not so much. It's on those occasions that a little "shove" in the right direction or when necessary to get someone's undivided attention is most welcome.

Possessing all the frailties bestowed upon humankind, I must confess that I have encountered situations in which my anger and frustation have gotten the better of me and I've danced the fine line of magickal ethics. Let's be honest, shall we? As mere mortals, our hearts are often in conflict with our heads. It might take a house falling on us to recognize the difference between what we want to do and what we should do. Thankfully, those instances have been few and far between, but hey, at least I admit it! In working with Hecate, or more aptly, in my devotion to her, I have seen lessons that bore her mark that were perhaps more harsh than anything I might have conjured up, but that were perfectly succinct, leaving no question as to their teacher!

I've since learned that it's not always necessary for me to push back quite as hard as I'd like to. I am comforted by the knowledge that there are those that walk beside me that are willing to do the pushing when I'm vulnerable and just need a little time to brush myself off!

In Darkness, Light!


Tracy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

At this point in my life I rely on my beliefs. I believe in the Universe and the God & Goddess.

I believe they are always protecting me. My norm is an explosive nature so I now try and "Be Silent" unless fucked!!!!!!!LOL

She Who Works Her Will said...

Ah, but an explosive nature makes for some seriously successful manifestation!

I'd like to see that as a slogan on a T-Shirt! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey T

I am anonymous - yes, that would sound good on a T-shirt would most likely keep some people away LOL

Carol

White Wolf said...

Hi Tracy,

I haven't visited you for a long time. I was on vacations and very busy at work and had not much time for internet.

Regarding your post, I feel that when I'm in harmony within and with the surroundings, nothing can hurt me. People with bad intentions, trying to hurt me, just hurt themselves. They spill coffee on themselves, fall or have all kinds of accidents, therefore making them stop what they wanted to achieve.
Blessings/Arie

She Who Works Her Will said...

I'm so glad to see you, Arie!

I completely agree! I've definitely seen the effects upon those who intentions are negative!

whether it a Deity, Ancestor or Spirit Guide, I know I walk with those that recogize my true devotion to them.

Malkuth said...

I been pretty down all summer. Today I finally got good news and hope I can enjoy the summer now.

Wish you luck. Oh and I didn't use any type of ritual to fix it. I was getting close though.

:)

Malkuth

She Who Works Her Will said...

Blessings Malkuth!

"All that falls will rise again".

Perhaps you should offer up this "down" time as a Lammas sacrifice and look forward to a time of rebirth?

I am so glad to hear you are on the upswing!

Blessed Lammas to you and yours.