Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pimpin' My Blog!

Merry Meet Family and Friends!

I have been trying forever to update the appearance of my blog and it's been so friggin' frustrating. I love the look of some of my ff's (Favorite Followers) blogs and wondered how I could achieve a similar appearance. Aside from the creativity of their writers, their blogs say so much about them! I visited some of the sites that have blog templates and they are absolutely beautiful! Yet, each time I try to incorporate them into my own, I lose my favorite thing! My Favorite Followers!!!!

I was reading my friend Dennis's blog this morning :::cough, cough::: "SpottedWolfWisdom" and absolutely loved the idea of incorporating my photography into my blog. Being technically challenged, I was just about to write Dennis to find out how to do it, when much to my delight, I discovered it for myself!

I took this photo a day or two ago of this beautiful rose with the Goddess's image in the background! I thought it expressed the theme for my blog perfectly! It's still a work in progress, but I would appreciate your comments and suggestions!

In Darkness, Light!


Tracy

9 comments:

Carol said...

I love it Tracy. The rose and the goddess what could be better!!

Carol

She Who Works Her Will said...

Hi Carol,

This was one of those rare freaky photo ops.

I was taking a picture of the rose and the Goddess was staring down from my living room window. It's actually a planter.

Ray loves it too! We're going to frame it!

The Computer Connoisseur said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

Rare freaky photo ops are sometimes the best, aren't they?

She Who Works Her Will said...

Thanks Rayden!

They are the best....especially when you just happen to have a camera handy at the time! :)

White Wolf said...

Hi Tracy,

Congratulations. :-)

This is nice. I see a profile view of the Goddess to the right. Did you arrange it that way? If so you could add one to the left also, in order to form a triple Goddess view.
May I suggest you separate the text from the picture. I mean putting the text out of the picture as a headline to your blog. Also try reducing the picture by about 75%. Play with it and see what fits best.
My feeling is that the picture is too big.
New Moon Blessings
Arie

She Who Works Her Will said...

Hi Arie,

Thanks for your suggestions! I actually didn't arrange it that way. I didn't use any photo software at all to get the image. While I was photographing the rose, I realized I had also caught the image of the Goddess planter in the shot.

I'm going to try to tweak the image on the blog to see what I might be able to do with it.

Again! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I dream the post should secure more info then it has.

She Who Works Her Will said...

Merry Meet Anonymous,

Thank you for your input. What further info did you have in mind?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!