Sunday, April 5, 2009




Merry Meet and Happy Sunday, Family, Friends, Followers and Lurkers!


The Reiki I'm studying is being taught by a woman who is a Shaman. She is one of the most interesting people I've ever met and in addition to teaching Traditional Usui Reiki, she also adds some of her own Shamanic training as well.

I have always been intrigued by Shamanism and so I picked up a book on Shamanic Reiki that I'm enjoying very much. It speaks a lot about Shamanic Journeying and connections made through dreams. Last night, I had the strangest dream!

I dreamt I was to pick up a friend's grandparents and bring them to Thanksgiving dinner. Now, I can't be certain, but I doubt that my friend's grandparents are still living. When I arrived at their home, I met a lovely elderly couple who were sitting side by side on their sofa. We chatted a few minutes and then they excused themselves to go into the bedroom to get ready to leave. As I stood waiting, I noticed that the house was very dusty. I could see the dust particles reflected in the sunlight coming in through the window. I didn't find this at all strange. Considering their age, I thought that dusting was probably not on the top of their list of things to do. They seemed to be taking a very long time and so I decided to see what was keeping them. Just as I was going to pass through the first archway between the rooms, I looked down and noticed that there were cobwebs that spanned from one end of the archway to the other. Then I noticed something else....the cobwebs were...unbroken. I stood there staring at them for what seemed like an eternity, trying to figure out how this could be possible. Did they confine themselves to certain rooms, I wondered? Then I noticed that the entrances to ALL the rooms had cobwebs and all were intact. I stepped carefully through the first set of cobwebs as I made my way to the room where I saw the elderly couple enter, only to find the room was empty!

I was obviously unnerved and confused, but not really frightened. As I made my way back through the house, I could hear the Rolling Stone's "Start Me Up" playing loudly from somewhere. I was enjoying the music, when I noticed my Mother was there (my mother crossed in 2001). There were other people there as well. Some whom I know and others that I didn't. I tried to explain the situation to them, but they all seemed to be preoccupied with other things such as returning a chair that was purchased as a Christmas gift, making sure "so and so" had a ride from the airport. It was just friggin' surreal, as most dreams are. Then I looked down and there was my Autumn! Again, she looked absolutely beautiful. As I picked her up, cradling her in my arms I was struck with a bolt of stunning clarity! I turned to my Mom and said, "I understand now! We're between the Worlds!"

Why I dreamt of my friend's grandparents, I haven't a clue, I've never met his grandparents. Hell, I've never met him! Still, I wrote to ask if he could provide me with a photo of his grandparents. I'm sure this will confirm his worse suspicions of my being utterly mad! That said, if I receive the photo and it even remotely resembles the people in my dream, be prepared! A major freak out on my part will follow shortly thereafter!

I believe I've at least learned one of the mysteries of the After Life! They aren't listening to harps! I'm a little surprised by Rolling Stones however. I would have guessed it would have been the Grateful Dead!

"This message is brought to you by WBTW FM! Rockin' the Other Side!"

In Darkness, Light!


Tracy

11 comments:

greekwitch said...

Rolling stones ha? I am not sure if i can deal with that. I am more a Pavarotti kind of girl...
This experience sounds amazing. You must be very connected.
Brightest blessings**

Carol said...

Oh Tracy you are a TRIP! I love the Stones and Jagger but yes, it would be more appropriate if it was the Grateful Dead!!!!

As for the dream well, I want you to let me know if that guy does send you the picture of his grandparents and they do look like the people in your dream because girl I think you defintely were between the worlds!!

She Who Works Her Will said...

I was expecting classical music, not classic rock!

How funny is that?!

She Who Works Her Will said...

As for the dream well, I want you to let me know if that guy does send you the picture of his grandparents and they do look like the people in your dream because girl I think you defintely were between the worlds!!

I don't know if he'll send the photo. I'm pretty sure he already thinks I'm a little...touched :)

She Who Works Her Will said...

At least they weren't playing "Sympathy for the Devil" }:)

Carol said...

I saw them doing "Sympathy for the Devil when Jagger came out in an all black oulfit with a top hat - he must have jumped around the stage for 30 min. with that song. I loved it!!

Lily Wyte said...

"Start me up" makes me think you were perhaps with souls preparing to be reborn. It's the earth bound, the newly dead, and the pre-birth entities you find closest to our realm.

She Who Works Her Will said...

Lily Wyte said...
"Start me up" makes me think you were perhaps with souls preparing to be reborn. It's the earth bound, the newly dead, and the pre-birth entities you find closest to our realm.

April 9, 2009 10:52 AM

My Reiki Master was talking about souls choosing their parents pre-birth. She said the moment a orgasm takes place, a bell goes off on the astral plane! I thought that was too cute!

I never thought of "Start Me Up" that way! Thank you for your insight, Suzanne!

At least I know that they have a sense of humor over there!

Pen Pen said...

:) This is so funny! I actually posted this same video like a week ago--crazy coincidental! :)

She Who Works Her Will said...

Pen Pen said...
:) This is so funny! I actually posted this same video like a week ago--crazy coincidental! :)

How weird is that!!!

Well, you know what they say. Great minds think alike :)

Unknown said...

Hell of a good dream, Trace.

My thoughts are the sense of this dream seems funded by two predominant images..the grandparents and the cobwebbing.

The dream is always imagery of what your are experiencing in thought, word, and deed. So it is a composite of past present and future.

A choice of wisdom imagery could be the friend's grandparents in as simple a referenced thought, as remembering something once said or thought of in conversation with your friend ( relevant to ideas concerning your friend's background), brought on when searching for the reasons, abeit searching unconsciously, behind your epiphanies while you interact with your Reiki teacher. Their unconcerned attitude to you may well be a deeper understanding of your own....that worlds can exist simultaneously in all kinds of levels. Once again the inspiring thoughts you are experiencing as this new association brings you into emotional/mental forgotten corners of your own psyche represented by this large old house of staid beauty full of cobwebs....the doors we forget to bring from childhood forward.....because of life circumstances.